In 1938, the 100 kW transmitter was put into operation by the Deutsche Reichspost. The transmitter could be tuned into the range 545 to 1363 kHz in just 10–20 minutes by switching to a different glass. In 1945, American forces occupied the Ismaning facility and the AFN program was broadcast from June. In 1949, the station was handed over to the Bayern Rundfunk by the military administration. The station Radio Munich, which later became the Bayern Rundfunk, was broadcast from 1950.