This guitar with typical features of the early half of the 19th century is well preserved and must be considered intact, with the exception of a few frets and of bridge pins that secure the strings to the bridge. Back and sides are most likely in maple, the sound board is made up of two boards of spruce and the fretboard is probably in walnut. The rich decorative floral motifs on the lower part of the sound board are typical of Rovetta. The latter and the sound hole are entirely surrounded by purfling. There is scarce biographical information about the manufacturer. Native of Bergamo, he probably worked in Brescia in the early 19th century. From the early 1820s he had a workshop in Milan "alla Corsia del Duomo, di fianco alla Cont.[rada] di S. Radegonda, n. 982". He was awarded the silver medal at the Industrial Exhibition of Milan in 1830, and received an honourable mention at the Industrial Exhibition held in Milan in 1834 and in Venice in 1835.