This mastodon skeleton was found in 1887 in a swamp located between Champaign and Clark Counties in Ohio. It is known as the Conway Mastodon because it was presented to The Ohio State University by Newton S. Conway in 1894. The skeleton came to the Ohio Historical Society (now the Ohio History Connection), on loan from The Ohio State University, in 1970. It is estimated that this mastodon was 20 to 30 years old when it died. It stands 10 feet high at the shoulder and each of its ivory tusks weighs more than 100 pounds. As of 2014, the original tusks lay at the feet of the mastodon because they were too heavy to hang. The tusks currently on the skeleton are fiberglass replicas.