Bolesława Zdanowska (1908–1982), was a photographer and educator. She was born in Liepājā, and was a daughter of Janina and Bolesław Tałłat-Kiełpsz. She first learned the profession at her parents’ photographic studio, which operated in Liepājā between 1909 and 1926, and then she studied under Jan Bułhak in Vilnius. From 1934 she and her husband Edmund Zdanowski ran a well-known and respected photographic studio in Vilnius. After the war they founded one of the first pho tography schools in Poland – currently the School of Fine Arts in Gdynia-Orłowo.