Laden

Bommen in kisten, op weg naar Altaussee.

1945

Lukas - Art in Flanders

Lukas - Art in Flanders

At the beginning of WWII, the panels of the altarpiece of the Mystic Lamb were transferred to the French city of Pau. After 9 travel days they arrived in Pau on May 26, 1940.
On August 3, 1942, the Germans robbed the panels and brought them over to the Bavarian Neuschwanstein Castle, from where they were transferred to the Salt Mine Altaussee in Austria, in 1944.
In the end of the war, August Eigruber (Nazi officer) ordered to explode the mine and bombs were sent to Altaussee.

Minder weergevenMeer informatie

Details

Aanbevolen

Vertalen met Google
Homepage
Verkennen
Dichtbij
Profiel