The bowling alley was built in the Păltiniş mountain resort in the Cindrel Mountains around 1920, by builders from Răşinari in Mărginimea Sibiului. It represented a phenomenon of the dispersion of urban means of recreation and entertainment to rural areas in the second half of the 19th century.
The bowling alley used to be placed near the pub, the inn, and the game pavilion and the main attendants were men. In the museum it serves the same purpose.
The bowling alley was transferred to the museum in 1992 and rebuilt in 1993. It is a simple fir wood construction, with a specific layout: a rectangular barn (5 x 5 meters) on the one side with a two-sloped roof covered with fir shingles and full walls on three sides that serves as launching space for the ball and on the other side there is an open, long barn (20 x 2 meters), which is the runway for the ball towards the nine pins at the opposite end of the barn.
On one side, outside the open barn, there is a gutter, made from a wooden board, which returns the balls to the bowlers.
In the museum, the bowling alley is in front of the Bătrâni pub, which, together with the game pavilion and, in the future, a school, forms the „public space” of the traditional village. All these monuments serve their original purposes for visitors to the museum.