The Bronze Gong with Inscription of “Hwangni-hyeon” was made in 1085 of the Goryeo dynasty (918-1392) in present-day Hwangni-hyeon in Yeoju, Gyeonggi-do province, by the head of the town whose last name was Min. Although it is relatively small, its overall composition and casting make it an object of high technical and artistic value. In addition, it holds high academic value as well in that it is the fourth oldest known inscribed bronze gong and that its inscription provides important information for the studies on the appellation of the bronze gong. The front face is decorated with curved lines going from left to right, and it has a striking seat with fifteen lotus flower petals and lotus-seed designs distributed throughout. Outside the striking seat there are three flying cloud designs. As for its overall shape, the front face protrudes slightly, while the edges of the rear face curve in diagonally, making it feel full and rounded. On the edge, there are two loops to hand the gong as well as an inscription.