The sculpture is a hollow plaster, covered with a gray and green colored patina.
Wojciech Bogusławski was born on 9 April 1757 in the village of Glinno near Poznań. In 1778, he made his debut in Warsaw as an actor, opera singer and stage author. He was the director of the National Theater, ran his own theater in Vilnius and Lviv and also organized guest performances in other cities (Dubno, Grodno, Kalisz, Poznań, Łowicz, Kraków, Gdańsk). He promoted the ideas represented in the Enlightenment, fought for national theater and a progressive repertoire. Thanks to him theater gained an important educational and civic role, especially after the collapse of the Polish state. The man was a co-founder of the Polish opera theater and performed on stage until 1827. In 1811, he founded the first drama school in Warsaw, and in 1812 wrote an acting textbook. After 1795, people started calling him ”the father of Polish theater”. He died in Warsaw on 23 August 1829.