Copper bowl that was used by inmates of the Treblinka concentration and extermination camp in Poland from 1941-1944. In November 1941, the SS and the German police authorities of the Generalgouvernement in German controlled Poland established a forced labor camp for Jews, known as Treblinka. In July 1942, they set up Treblinka II, a killing center where nearly 1 million Jews were killed. Treblinka II was closed in the fall of 1943. As Soviet troops moved into the area in late July 1944, camp authorities shot the remaining prisoners and evacuated the camp. Soviet troops entered the camp in the final days of July 1944.