This type of small-sized, luxurious bound book with the four Gospels is common during the early 19th century. The donor of the item was a monk of the Monastery of Saint Paul on Mount Athos, Anthimos from Kephallinia. It is the work of Thomas Chrysochoos (Goldsmith) from Karyes on Athos and an interesting specimen of the production of Athos' workshops. On the front, the Crucifixion is depicted and on the back, the Resurrection with the four symbols of the Evangelists in each corner. The work covers a Gospel book printed in Venice by the Greek Phoenix Press in 1842.