Lajos Kozma designed this Magyar Iparművészet cover page for issue 1–2 of 1909, and his monogram can be seen in the lower right-hand corner built into the framework of the page. The decoration enclosed in the central square is a version of the image of a pair of birds surrounding a flower, a motif which was used frequently in folk art and Hungarian Art Nouveau that here is stylized to the point of abstraction. Angular, geometric forms inspired by folk art were characteristic of Hungarian applied arts around 1910, and Lajos Kozma was a key designer in this period. Kozma was a member of the Fiatalok Társasága (Youth Circle), a group of artists organized around Károly Kós who were striving to create art that was modern but at the same time characteristic of the nation. In their applied arts, they actively employed the discoveries they made during their trips to Transylvania to collect examples of folk architecture and the art of wood carving. Proof of this is the use of wooden grave markers as a decorative motif in several locations alongside the text.