Ceremonial vehicle. First coach built by King João V for an embassy. It was part of the procession that the King of Portugal send to the court of Louis XIV having has Ambassador the Count of Ribeira Grande. It was used by the King after its return to Portugal.
The exterior profusely decorated with carving displays in the four lower panels images representing the continents and in the main panels , shields, bearing the Royal Coat of Arms.
In the interior stands out the floor covered in tortoiseshell and bronze cut, in the technique of André-Charles Boulle (1642-1732).