The amateur photographer Joseph Eschenlohr (1886-1978) spent time in Nuremberg, among other places, between the 1930s and 1950s. On his travels, he captured the city in color slides. The photograph shows the crucifixion group by Veit Stoß in the Sebaldus Church (Evangelical Lutheran City Parish Church of St. Sebald). However, based on the direction of the chairs, the sculpture group is not located in the east choir above the altar as usual, but on a north side, probably even in the west choir. On the left side of the picture the bronze baptismal font from around 1430 can be seen, which is located in the west choir of the church. From 1943 to 1945 the Sebaldus Church was heavily damaged. Especially the east choir was hit. In 1951, when the photo was taken, it was still a construction site. The west choir was provisionally used again for church masses from 1948. Inscription slide frame: " Nürnberg: Veit Stoß Kreuzigungsgruppe 1951".