J.T. Dinsmoor built the Denfield General Store and Post Office in 1877 in a community known as Brecon, a name which was later changed to Denfield. Dinsmoor built his store using balloon-frame construction, and lived upstairs in the rear part of the main structure.
The store closed its doors after World War Two, due to the increasing competition from new stores. In 1987 the store was designated as a heritage property and was relocated to Fanshawe Pioneer Village in 1997. It is currently used as a retail gift shop and for historical displays.