Produced in 1920-1930, this dollhouse reflects the style of architecture introduced by Walter Gropius in the early 20th century. Gropius's design attempted to marry art and socially rational design for homes and places of business, imagination with the practical knowledge of a craftsman. When Gropius and his followers fled Nazi Germany, they brought their design to the United States, where the movement was dubbed the International Style. Gropius's ideas made the most of cubic shapes, flat roofs, and smooth surfaces of sleek metals. Several influential 20th-century architects worked in the International style such as Mies van der Rohe, Philip Johnson, Le Corbusier, and Richard Neutra. The style has left its mark on most office buildings of the mid- and late-20th century and no small number of homes throughout the United States.