Office wall plaque used by Rabbi Nathan Baruch when he was the director of the Vaad Hatzala Rescue Organization in Germany from September 1946 - September 1949. Vaad Hatzala was originally established to rescue Polish rabbis and yeshiva students who escaped to Lithuania at the start of World War II in 1939. It expanded to include assistance to all Jews. Rabbi Baruch was responsible for the reestablishment of Jewish religious life in post war Europe. He supervised the creation and distribution of religious texts and items to displaced persons camps as well as to Jewish communities worldwide. Rabbi Baruch, working closely with the United States Army, was largely responsible for the printing of the 19 volume Heidelberg Talmud in 1949.