This set of three fireplace vases, made from artificial stone imitating porphyry and from gilded bronze, was acquired by the King from the Parisian workshop of François-Thomas Germain. The vases’ plinths are surmounted with a meander motif.
The vases were offered to the rebuilt Royal Castle by the National Museum in Warsaw. Today they decorate an Italian fireplace in the Old Audience Chamber. The interiors were arranged in 1776-77 by Domenico Merlini as a place for audiences with Stanisław August. Until 1786, it also served as the Throne Room.