The first Public Library in Poland opnened on 9 August 1747. Its rare and most valuable books were described in the German-language publication written by its future prefect J. D. Janocki titled “Nachricht von denen in der Hochgräflich-Zaluskischen Bibliothek sich befindenden raren polnischen Büchern”. The first volume, decorated with a copperplate portrait of Chancellor Andrzej Stanisław Kostka Załuski and preceded by a dedication praising his contribution to the establishment of the library foundation, was published in Dresden in Georg Konrad Walther’s printing house. Due to his special interest in Polish book production, J. J. Korn took over the publishing of Janocki’s work and financed its further volumes. To maintain a uniform typographical character, the subsequent parts of the work (vols. 2–5) were printed in the same printing house in Dresden, but were already published by J. J. Korn.
Binding: half leather, cardboard, marbled paper, gilt embossing on spine – 19th century.