Qian Yankang, Changshu, Jiangsu province. 1933 graduated from oil painting department of Suzhou College of Fine Arts. 1960 worked collaboratively on the canvas titled The First Bridge on the Changjiang River, which subsequently hung in the Hubei Hall of The Great Hall of the People. As a teacher, he was head of the Oil Painting Department of the Hubei Institute of Fine Arts, where he was also vice director of the painting studio. In 1978 he retired in Shanghai and keep painting. His works were exhibited in Hong Kong, US, Singapore and other places on display.