On the sides of the glass there are hunting seasons and architecture in a landscape done in the technique of glass painting with a transparent black paint, the Schwarzlotmalerei technique, which developed around 1660 in Nuremberg. The same technique would be used in the first decades of the 18th century for the painting of porcelain. The author of the paintings on this glass was Johann Schaper (1621 – 1670), one of the originators and most adept craftsmen of this technique. He on the whole did drawings on small transparent glasses of cylindrical shape that sometimes also had lids and three, very occasionally four, spherical little feet, which obtained the name Schapergläser after him. The repertoire of painted motifs comprised landscapes with ruins, war, genre and hunting scenes.