Portuguese harpsichord dating from 1789.
According to a recent investigation conducted by Ana Paula Tudela it was built by João Baptista Antunes (1737-1822), father of another maker with the same name. This harpsichord is one of four known instruments of the Antunes family that survived until today.
Together with the 1758 harpsichord it is one of two harpsichords of this family of makers that belong to the Museum's collection.
This harpsichord reflects the fact that it was built at a height of greater pianoforte presence, hence, compared to the 1758 instrument, it has a larger extension and a larger keyboard, thus allowing the presentation of another type of repertoire.