Jan Mac-Donald (1850–1906), was a civil engineer, Lieutenant General, chief engineer of the construction of the fortress and war port in Liepāja. He was the son of Aeneas George and Pelagia née Soczołowska, and he was a grandson of a Scottish emigrant, mechanical engineer John Mac-Donald, who had come to Poland at the beginning of the 19th century. He read mathematics at the University of Warsaw and graduated from the Nicholas Engineering Academy in St. Petersburg.
From 1887 he was in charge of the design and construction of the fortress and war port in Liepāja. He was associated with Liepājā for almost 20 years. He actively participated in the social life of the town and was elected town councillor in 1902. He also served as Vice-Chairman of the Board of the Red Cross in Liepājā and president of the Liepāja branch of the Russian Imperial Technical Society. He died in Warsaw.