Laden

Kern, Sieber en Eder bekijken enkele panelen van het Lam Gods.

1945

Lukas - Art in Flanders

Lukas - Art in Flanders

At the beginning of WWII, the panels of the Altarpiece of the Mystic Lamb were transferred to the French city of Pau. After 9 travel days they arrived there on May 26, 1940.
On August 3, 1942, the Germans robbed the panels and brought them over to the Bavarian Neuschwanstein Castle, from where they were transferred to the Salt Mine Altaussee in Austria, in 1944.

In this photo, Monuments Man Daniel J. Kern, art restorer Karl Sieber and engineer Max Eder admire some of the panels of the Altarpiece in the Altaussee Mine, after the artwork's rescue.

Minder weergevenMeer informatie

Aanbevolen

Homepage
Verkennen
Dichtbij
Profiel