Claudine Picardet (née Poullet) was first maried to Claude Picardet, member of the Academy of Sciences, Arts, and Belles-lettres of Dijon and director of the botanical garden. This marriage gave Claudine Picardet access to the circles of the scholar world of Dijon, one of the most active in France outside Paris at that time. In 1785, Claudine Picardet was commissioned by Louis-Bernard Guyton de Morveau to collect data three times a day on the barometer that Antoine Lavoisier had given to the Dijon academy. In 1787, the Lavoisier couple went to Claudine Picardet's home to compare the results. Widowed in 1796, Claudine Picardet moved to Paris and married Louis-Bernard Guyton-Morveau, deputy and professor of chemistry at the École Polytechnique, who became director until 1804. Claudine Picardet published more than 1000 pages between 1774 and 1797. She translated numerous scientific works, notably from Swedish, German, English and Italian.