The Passage Thiaffait was built in 1827 by François-Félix Thiaffait who built both the house and the passage. He was a member of the Board of Charities and president of the Elementary Education Company. He died in 1861. Some premises are now used as studios and workshops, mainly for young fashion designers making it the 'village des creators’. Come out at No. 19 Rue René Leynaud and admire the courtyard and its double staircase.