The first stone of the actual building was laid on August 28th 1910 and the church was consecrated on September 1st 1912. The mosaic above the gate describes a Canut workshop inside. The architect Augustin Chomel described the church: “The church of Saint-Augustin takes the same shapes as the Sicilian basilicas, which were inspired by the Benedictine abbeys of Normandie for their plans, by Romanesque basilicas for their height, and by the Byzantine style for their decorations. Choosing this style, the architect had two goals: first an economic construction and second to remind, by the basilicas shape, the primitive church of which he was the great doctor”. The big organs were entirely reconstructed by the manufacture Henry Saby (Drôme) in 1977: mechanical transmission, 80 pipes, an instrument of 9 registers, a Rückpositiv of 6, a pedal of 4, a console window with two 56-notes keyboards and a 32-notes pedal board. www.paroissecroixrousse.fr/#!saint-augustin/e8ji7.