First church of Croix-Rousse district (construction started in 1624), it is the Canuts church. Inside, a banner decorated with gold threads, gifted by the “corporation des Tisseurs de Lyon” (Lyon weavers corporation). The “ordre des Augustins” laid the foundation stone in 1629. The church was consecrated in 1714. The church is linked to the Canuts revolt events and has been sometimes occupied by the Canuts themselves or by the soldiers. With the population increasing, the church was redesigned and enlarged in 1832 and then in 1847.