Saint Nizier gave his name to the church at the end of the sixth century. The vaulting was carried out during the fifteenth century. The magnificent central half-rotunda gate by Jean Vallet is of the Renaissance (1579). Admire the spherical dome decorated with faces of angels and God the Father holding the globe. As for the central and southern parts of the facade, they were completed in the nineteenth century in a neo-Gothic style by Claude-Anthelme Benedict who undertook the restoration of the church. The triangular gable is inspired by St. John's Cathedral. The New flamboyant openwork spire was made according to the finest examples of architecture in northern France.