Small silver model entitled "PHOENIX" of caisson used as breakwater of artificial harbor constructed off the beaches of Normandy in June 1944. A "Phoenix" was a hollow concrete caisson 200 feet long by 60 feet wide by 60 feet high. Laid end to end they formed a breakwater near the beach for landing craft to unload their cargo. Mounted on black-painted wooden base with undulating metal simulating ocean waves. Title of model on small silver plaques on either side of base. Presented to FDR by Prime Minister Winston Churchill at the Second Quebec Conference in September 1944. FDR Library Museum Collection, MO 1947.93.104.