This architectural model was built in the early 1900s by the atelier of the French architect Georges Chedanne, designer of the Galeries Lafayette in Paris. In 1892-93 Chedanne executed many drawings after studying in detail the architecture of the Pantheon for his final exam at the French Academy at Villa Medici in Rome. Thanks also to the archaeological investigations of the period he managed to establish its correct dating to the reign of the Emperor Hadrian. This section model, of exceptional value for its size and quality of execution, presents the architecture in every detail and at various stages of its making. It is composed of more than 70 pieces that interlock on a base formed from a single block. It was acquired by the Museum in 1957, donated by the architect’s widow.