Monteoru House, Calea Victoriei/Victory Avenue, restoration during 1887-1889, Code no. List of Historical Monuments B-II-m-A-19863 This house was initially built in 1873-1874 for Alecu Niculescu. 10 years later it was sold to Grigore Constantinescu Monteoru (1831-1898), of Greek ancestry, an important landowner in Buzau region, liberal deputy and senator, founder of Sarata Monteoru resort. In 1887 eng. and arch. Nicolae/Nicholas Cuțarida filed an application for the refurbishment of the house: new windows and doors, wooden floors and railing, renewal of the wallpapers, tiled stoves. It is either a first contract, signed before the one with Mincu or it is a case of collaboration between the two architects. We know for sure that Mincu finished the work in 1890 as his initials and the year are carved on the entrance door.