The painted epitaph that reminds us of the times of the plague and famine (1602 and 1697) is set in a carved renaissance style wooden frame. The German texts can be seen on the middle rectangular stone tablet and on the two oval wooden tablets above and under it. The monument is crowned by a skeleton carved out of wood. The epitaph was made under the supervision of the Swedish St Michael’s Church surveyor Christoffer Schwabe.
The memorial is now displayed in Kiek in de Kök cannon tower.