A lead sculpture standing on a rock covered with seaweed, representing Neptune and his retinue, composed of sea nymphs and boys, tritons, dolphins, fish and serpents. In the centre is Neptune kneeling, with long hair and a beard, holding a trident in his hands. Around him are two boys: the one at the back is mounted on a dolphin, while the one at the front, whose legs end in seaweed, is holding the head of a fish spouting water through its mouth. This sculptural group also includes a female figure, kneeling – most probably the Nereid nymph Thetis – with her hair pulled behind her and falling down her back, and five dolphins.
The tank of Neptune’s Lake was designed by Jean-Baptiste Robillion and completed in 1771. Circular in shape, it is enclosed by a small stone wall decorated with lead statues representing four female figures holding trays, receiving the water that spouts from jugs held by boys. The group is completed by four serpents, also made of lead, wrapped around stone spheres and with water spouting from their mouths.