This portrait of King Yeongjo (r. 1724-1776) was painted in 1900, the 4th year of Gwangmu, when seven royal portraits which had previously been lost in fire at Seonwonjeon Hall, Hall of Royal Portraits in Gyeongungung Palace (Palace of Joyful Fortune) were reproduced. This portrait was based on the portrait, originally painted in 1744, the 20th year of King Yeongjo's reign, which was enshrined at Yuksanggung Shrine for Concubine Choe, the mother of King Yeongjo. Two court painters, Chae Yongshin (1850-1941) and Jo Seokjin (1853-1920) were the main painters of this portrait. The half-length figure is wearing a royal winged cap and a red dragon robe, with five-clawed dragon on the chest and shoulder insignias which were embroidered with gold thread. The title was written by Emperor Gojong himself.