Princess Ljubica’s Residence is one of the most representative preserved examples of urban architecture from the first half of the nineteenth century in Belgrade. It was built in 1829-1831 as the official residence of Prince Miloš Obrenović, after the concept and under the supervision of Hadži Nikola Živković, the first architect of the new Serbia. The new residence was meant to be a symbol of the improved economic strength and established power of Miloš Obrenović after the Sultan’s edict from 1830. The Prince rarely stayed in the house, which was located near the fortress still inhabited by the Turks, and therefore his wife, Princess Ljubica, moved in with their sons.It is a detached building, enclosed with a high wall and greenery. It has a courtyard accessed through a carriage entrance and a spacious inner garden towards Kosančićev venac Street. With its main façade comprising a domineering oriel of the living room, Princess Ljubica’s residence is turned toward the Sava river. The cellar has vaulted ceilings, while the ground and upper floors were built in brick and timber frame structure. Above the four–gabled roof covered in tiles, rises an octagonal dome. The ground and upper floors have a central hall with other chambers arranged around it. The ground floor living room is turned toward the garden and the other living room on the upper floor is turned toward the street.The house has all the characteristics of urban houses of the Serbian-Balkan style with decorative elementsthat suggest influences of European architecture. The Princess Ljubica’s Residence has changed function several times. It is presently one of the venues of the City Museum of Belgrade.