Photograph of a wine estate located on the north bank of the Douro River in front of the mouth of the Torto river, a place known as Bateiras, a toponym it was associated to on the map of the Portuguese Douro and the Adjacent Country, by Baron Forrester. Quinta das Bateiras was acquired from doctor António Reis, in 1906, by the maternal grandmother of Claire Bergqvist, daughter of the important wine trader Albert Feuerheerd (LIDDELL; PRICE: 1992, 88). It has since then been kept in the possession of the family, who was involved in the process of major remodeling in the vineyard and in the housing nucleus, where the surrounding garden and the large warehouse stand out. A significant plot of vineyards is preserved in post-phylloxera terraces, in between the railway line and road 590, bordered west by Quinta do Porto. Built in 1911, this set stands out by its straight walls whose angles line up along the hillside and by the arrangement of traditional cantilever steps and ramps, articulated in a zigzag pattern. The terraces are sustained by schist walls that reach 5.55 meters of height. The walls, with foundations resting on crags, are sometimes reinforced with a double wall.