The gilded silver metal revetment was brought to the Monastery from Smyrna by the former abbot Parthenios Chatzikos in 1796. It is placed in the south wall of the chapel dedicated to the memory of the Hosios and contains his relic. The front is adorned with a scene of the Dormition of the Hosios, with priests, deacons and a bishop honouring him and a representation of the Lord descending from heaven. The two ends bears cartouches framed by Rococo flowers, with depictions of Saint John the Theologian and Prochoros, his faithfull pupil to whom he dictated the Revelation. These two figures recall the history of the sacred island of Patmos. The whole representation is characterised by attention to detail, symmerty and a gentle movement towards the centre. These elements, along with the reposed figure of Christodoulos, the linear rendering of the drapery and the gilding, lend an atmosphere of grandeur to the composition.