This pair of screen paintings depict the cityscape and suburb landscape of Kyoto from the early 17th century. They are thought to be painted in the Genna era (1615-24). Various temples and shrines in the northern part of Kyoto was pictured in the left-hand screen. We can see the main tower of the Nijo castle in the foreground, which was located in this place until 1624. In the background landscape, “Kinkakuji (Shariden hall of the Rokuonji temple), “Sagano Shakado” (the Seiryoji temple), and the Togetsukyo bridge in the Arashiyama area.