The full-bodied teapot has a narrow, tubular spout and a strap handle, which are attached at either end. The fitted lid has a tent-like form and is topped with a flat-headed knob. A decorative, matte, turquoise slip has been poured over the brown, clay body of the vessel.
This teapot was produced by the ceramicist Paula Ahronson. Paula Ahronson, originally from Hamburg, was an active Zionist and immigrated to Palestine in 1933. She and Eva Samuel founded their own ceramics workshop in 1934 in Rishon le-Zion. The two women rank among the pioneers of modern ceramics production in Israel.