The will of Juan Sebastián Elcano, alongside other instruments relating to his family, is located in a document group which contains in detail:
1. Testifying details on Catalina de Lerchundi, resident of Guetaria, mother and heiress of Juan de Arrese. Guetaria, November 18, 1534. Two sheets.
2. Two litigation documents between María de Vidaurreta and María Fernández de Ernialde, on the one part, and Catalina del Puerto, mother of Juan Sebastián Elcano, on the other. These documents are: request by the mayor of Gipuzkoa for various written testimonies cited for this case. Azcoitia, 5. Notification from the public notary from said villa to Catalina del Puerto. Guetaria, October 14, 1538. Two sheets.
3. Letter of attorney given by María de Vidaurreta to Juan Fernández de Paredes and other persons cited. Valladolid, December 2, 1538. One sheet, one blank sheet.
4. Letter of attorney given by María Fernández de Ernialde to the Council prosecutors and other persons cited. Azcoitia, December 17, 1538. Two sheets.
5. Will of Juan Sebastián Elcano. The Victoria, July 26, 1526. Nine sheets, five blank sheets.
6. Transfer of the documentation contained in the current collection, of the first five parts. Seventeen sheets, one blank sheet.
7. Case proceedings initiated by the heirs of Juan Sebastián Elcano, with the royal fiscal, for the payment of the lifetime annuity of 500 gold ducats per year that the monarch had conceded to him. Sixty-three sheets.