This painting depicts the farm at Cheltenham that was established in 1901 by the artist and her chemist husband, George Ekins Gulliver. Henrietta farmed lavender commercially for distilling, and also maintained extensive flower gardens in Sassafras, in the Dandenong Ranges.
In 1922 the Gullivers sold the farm to the owners of the Methodist Homes, who already possessed much of the adjoining land. By the 1950s the Catholic Church had bought the land, later building a home for disadvantaged boys that was run by the Hospitaller Brothers of St John of God. In 1966, the land was sold to the Myer Emporium. Today the Gullivers' farm is part of the Southland shopping centre.