Work beginning 1534; Artits: Peter Flötner, Georg Pencz et al.; Photo: Uwe Niklas. This building was commissioned by Nuremberg patrician Lienhard III Hirsvogel, who had a splendid hall in the latest Renaissance style built on the garden side of his home in 1534. It would be a gift for his bride Sabine Welser, whom he married in 1535. Lienhard engaged famed artists to design the interior. The architecture, as well as the wall paneling with its classical motifs and the stone "mantelpiece" as an access to the garden, are attributed to sculptor and medal-maker Peter Flötner. Dürer's student Georg Pencz was responsible for the ceiling portraying the Fall of Phaeton, in its day the "largest continuous ceiling painting north of the Alps." The décor was further enriched in the 1580s with a "Gallery of Emperors," life-sized busts of the first 12 Roman emperors. The Hirsvogelsaal fell victim to the bombing of 1945. But though the exterior architecture was irretrievably lost, the interior fittings had previously been taken to a safe refuge.