Code no. List of Historical Monuments B-II-m-B-19835
We do not have much information about architect Antonio Gaetano Burelly. He was born in 1820 in the family of an Italian confectioner residing in Bucharest and he graduated (second class Vaudoyer) in Paris in 1848, then he became the chief architect of Bucharest (1853, 1856, 1858). He repaired St. Sava College and the State Archives. In 1874 we find him in 20 Negustori Street so we can assume that from that point on he moved in or built a house in Mercur/Mercury Street at the corner with Pitar Mos. In 1884 we found archive evidence that he repaired his house in Mercur/Mercury street.
Until 1890 Mincu lived in 6 Mercur/Mercury Street, on the same plot where the future Simu Museum will be built. In 1890 Mincu moved into Burelly house at no. 19 on the same street and they probably cohabited. The first documents filled in by Mincu referred to ”radical works” done to the ”facades, masonry and plaster” of the house.
In 1900 the architect Mincu asked the Italian contractor Joseph Piantini to remove the moisture from the masonry and to change the roofing sheet over the dependencies.
In July 1914 the widow Eliza Mincu (1863-1939), charged the architect Simion Vasilescu, a former apprentice of her husband, with the repair of the dependencies (laundry room, servant room, toilet).