"Once returned form Pisa and Florence, the influence of the early Italian artists on Rusiñol’s work materialized in the three canvas that are hanging from the lancet arches of the headboard of the Great Hall. They were conceived beforehand to decorate this space of Cau Ferrat. We are referring to the allegories of “Painting, Music and Poetry”. The three paintings were made in Paris, between 1894 and 1895.
Nowadays they are considered as Rusiñol’s main contribution to the symbolic movement that he belonged to, and which was very much in fashion in the Europe of the turn of the XIX century."