The ‘Veterans’ Table’ is a small wooden table with a top affixed by hinges that contains the signatures of over 300 persons who had a significant contribution to the early beginnings of Test cricket, the formation of the Sydney Cricket Ground and who participated in events at the ground. Signatures that adorn the table include, government officials, trustees, cricketers, footballers, athletes, journalists, administrators, visitors and retired players. Contained are snippets of cricket's early development listing the grounds opening in 1878 as the Association Cricket Ground and cricketing feats from 1777 onwards.
Constructed in 1931 by the SCG Curator, William (Bill) Stewart, the ‘Veterans Table’, believed to be housed in the SCG Members Pavilion, served as a memorial to a passing era.
Once opened, the following dedication is featured, “In memory of those who have gone and for the comfort of those who may be here also those who may come hereafter”