A tile in relief with an escutcheon consisting of two dogs in profile looking to the left. The enamelling on the background is milky white while the dogs are in light green. The field of the escutcheon is surrounded with a thin black six-piece ceramic frame and this in turn is surrounded by another wider eight-piece frame in blue. It is mounted on plaster.
The museum's set of tiles in relief is perhaps the most complete collection known, and consists of eight examples in different states of conservation, but of undoubted interest due to their chronology and historical value. They are plates with one of their faces in relief --obtained by putting pressure on the mould-- and represent the enamelled coats of arms of nobles in an off-white tone and with a touch of honey, black of manganese and some green.
According to Gestoso this set is from the Church of St Andrés and belonged to private collectors. González Abreu may possibly have added it to his collection before donating it to the Museum of Fine Arts, Seville, in 1927.
In any case, these tiles of the same type, and were used to pave burial plots. They can be dated to the second half of the 13th or early 14th century and represent the arms of the families that conquered the city with Ferdinand III.