The inn comes from Tulgheş; a village in Bistricioara River valley (on the Topliţa - Poiana Teiului road, 18 kilometers from Borsec, the famous mineral waters spa) and it was transferred in the museum in 1991. It is one of the constructions that were specific to mountain passes that eased communication between Transylvania and Wallachia or Moldova.
The inn was built in 1922, doubtless replacing an older more modest inn, by a Greek trader (Gorok) at a crossroads in the center of the village. In 1925 the German trader, Friederich Jahrmann, bought the inn, adapting it into a 'hotel and restaurant' and operating it as such until 1958. The inn was part of a complex homestead with barn and stable, a summer kitchen, an icehouse and a well. The construction of the inn is a synthesis between rural traditional architecture and urban influences. The foundation, basement and base are made of a brick wall, the wooden walls are made of poles and beams linked with boards, and the two-slope roof is covered with fir shingles with a spacious attic inside.
The entire architectural complex is L shaped: at the angle of the 2 wings there is a 10 meter high tower, slightly more upfront than the rest of the building, lending it a grand view. The main wing initially had an inn hall (restaurant), a kitchen, and a room for travelers to spend the night.
The second wing, which was the innkeeper's lodge, had two rooms, a kitchen, access to the attic and an open veranda that added a more hospitable feeling to the inn.
Under this wing is the basement used for storing food and drinks. Entrance in the inn is through the first floor of the tower and entrance to the innkeeper's lodge is made via the yard and veranda.
The inn is located at one of the entrances of the museum and serves the museum's visitors just like its original role, with traditional ambiance.
The ample and richly ornamented carpentry of the upper part of the tower, with the four windows, brings more decoration and beauty to the complex. Inside, in front of every window, there is a burning candle that served as light to show the existence of the inn in the darkness of the night.