Designed by the architect James Gandon, and completed in 1802, the Four Courts building on Inns Quay in Dublin was one of the city's main landmarks at the time of the Easter Rising
This beautiful building survived that conflict, although it was destroyed on 30 June 1922 during the Irish Civil War. It was later externally restored to the glory evident in this early 19th century print.
Show lessRead more
Title: View of the Four Courts, looking down the River Liffey, Dublin