The Villa Golescu, situated in Campulung Muscel at the foot of the Carpathians, is a unique architectural and landscape ensemble encompassing a whole diversity of elements: building construction, park furniture, paintings, furniture, library ... It is a less well-known, but most interesting place on an itinerant route which crosses the mountains between Wallachia (Bucharest, Targoviste and Campulung) and Transylvania (Bran and Brasov). This lovely villa was built in 1910 and is a fine example of the neo-romanian architectural style with Albesti stone window frames, a harmonious terrace and simply decorated arcades.The Golescu Villa was built by one of Wallachia's oldest families, with a history dating back to the fifteenth century. Irina and Elena Golescu, the last descendants of this family, donated their house and all its contents to the Pro Patrimonio Foundation: antique furniture, library, small objects, carpets and paintings. The Villa was built in 1910 by their father, in the neo-Romanian style typical for the region. The property includes a small cottage and annex. The buildings are situated on a hill overlooking the city, surrounded by a terraced park including many rare and exotic trees and plants brought from abroad by the owner of the house, Vasile Golescu. Vasile Golescu, an engineering graduate of the Normal School of Water and Forests, built the house and park in an area of natural forest, of which a portion still remains behind the house. The park is planted with remarkable varieties of plants and trees, somehow surviving both the second world war and the communist era thanks to the family's descendants, the ladies Irina and Viorica Golescu - who both died in 2001. The sisters donated the house and park to Pro Patrimonio Foundation, shortly before their deaths, wishing to save the whole ensemble so that future generations would have the opportunity to better understand the history of Romania. The result of the restoration, which lasted five years and was made with the generous support of Lafarge Romcim and members donations, is a combination of a memorial house to the Golescus, with almost all the furniture restored, and a comfortable guest house with all modern facilities consisting of a hall, studio, dining room, kitchen, five bedrooms and three bathrooms. The Villa is available as a venue for cultural events, seminars, lectures, releases and so on. Guest rooms are available.