This paper fragment was signed by William Henry Harrison from Head Quarters in Greenville, as aid-de-camp to General Anthony Wayne, authorizing 15 lbs. of mutton to be issued to Blue Jacket and the Shawnees. The Treaty of Greenville ended the Indian Wars in Ohio. General Anthony Wayne defeated the American Indian confederacy led by Blue Jacket at the Battle of Fallen Timbers on August 20, 1794. Abandoned by the British at Fort Miami, the American Indians agreed to a peace settlement. A year later, representatives from twelve tribes met at Greenville, in present-day Darke County, to negotiate with Wayne. Among the leaders were Little Turtle of the Miamis, Tarhe of the Wyandots, and Blue Jacket and Black Hoof of the Shawnees. The treaty confined the American Indians to northwestern Ohio. Despite Wayne's hope that the treaty would hold "as long as the woods grow and waters run," American Indians were removed to the west by the mid-nineteenth century.